I vaguely remember Kasey taking Tad out while I drifted in and out of sleep. I don’t remember dreams the way he does: he can give a TED Talk about his. Mine are rarely retained long enough for me to remember after I am awake for long. But Tad has been laser‑focused on the bunnies and cats near Lynn’s house, so my brain apparently decided to merge them. I dreamed up a “cabbit.” Dreams are interesting. I never know whether they mean anything or if it’s just mental housekeeping. I am not sure I would know reality if I could remember them for longer than a few minutes. How would I know what was a dream unless they disappear like snapchat. Maybe that’s the president’s issue. He doesn't know reality and keeps showing us images from his dreams.
Anyway, the Internet is full of Cabbit pictures so this one is close to what I dreamed except the cat and rabbit were all black.
Emerging from my slumber I found coffee being offered from Kasey's outstretched hand. A welcome sight. Not long after a tap at the door and Lynn was waiting for morning conference. The therapy dog, Tad, was there to give positive feedback and canine encouragement.
Soon, she had to get back to attend to Randy and the dogs, Frankie and Gidget.
We heard from the rest of the family that an Autumn adventure at an apple orchard and pumpkin patch were in mind. Alice's fever from yesterday had disappeared and she had successfully kicked the bug. First stop was the apple orchard (Sunrise River Farm) in Wyoming, MN about an hour away. They allowed dogs but with free roaming chickens, I opted to be free from getting my arm yanked off by a dog that likes to make things run. There were probably some rabbits around too.
There was lots of activities and a few shops. Bikes for the tikes, vendors and a gift shop/bakery. We tried the apple bars. They were pretty good.
A booth where you could make your own planter arrangement. Nice idea.
The kids had fun petting the rabbits and the kitties that were all up for adoption. Funny how the Cabbit theme keeps coming up. The rabbits were black too.
Picking apples yourself is expensive here and costs about a dollar an apple. You get a small plastic bag for $25 which you can fill. Kasey filled his a little too much and broke the bag. He went back for a replacement. The first apple type inside the gated area was Sweet 16. I picked one off the ground that had no blemishes. It was the best apple I have had. Crisp, sweet, and juicy. Some apples have tart skin, but this one was perfect. I had a couple more of different varieties as the others picked their bags full. None compared to the first one. Even the honey crisp variety was not quite as perfect. 3 apples and I was full.
Next we headed for the pumpkin patch down the road about a half mile. Lendt's Pumpkin Patch also allowed dogs so Tad was allowed to attend the activities.
Lots of things for kids to do. Kasey bought a huge bucket of popcorn that kept spilling out. He insisted on taking it on the balance beam. Alice is quite the gymnast and showed us her abilities. Nice to see she is feeling better.
There was plenty for the kids to do and they had no trouble exploring this pumpkin farm. Mini basketball, bean toss, and face painting. After a few minutes there, it seemed that it might rain. A few sprinkles sent the normally hardy Minnesotans running for cover as if it was a monsoon. I found it a little amusing and just put my hood up. Families started leaving and before long, it seemed that we had the place to ourselves. This family doesn't let a little rain stop the fun.
On the way home, we stopped at the old hardware store in Pine City. We only had a few minutes before closing. I love their inexpensive metal works.
We topped the evening with Rummikub and ice cream. A nice day.
No comments:
Post a Comment